My personal list of the best singles of 2012.
1. Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know
No matter how many times I heard this song over the course of the year, I still love it. That's a really unusual quality in a song.
2. Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble
Taylor Swift discovers dubstep. I've always been a fan of hers, but this song is perfect chaos.
3. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
THE pop song of the year.
4. First Aid Kit - Emmylou
My best discovery this year.
5. Florence + the Machine - Shake It Out (Acoustic)
I love both versions of the song, but there's something about the acousic version on the Unplugged album that I love just a little bit more.
6. Blur - Under the Westway
This song really grew on me. I'm not normally a huge blur fan, but this won me over.
7. Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch - Sweet Nothing
In my opionion the best song on Calvin Harris' album. Of course that could be because I love everything Florence Welch does.